Friday, February 5, 2010

Brunswick hussars/ KGL hussars and more

I found out that painting black uniforms was an interesting task ended up using German grey for the lighter areas lightly dry brushed with london grey to finish. 

Kings German light hussars


British horse artillery great fun moving and getting the shot in the high tailing it out of there.


ThereI was with a brunswick corp with no command figure so what can you do, well I took a  hussar figure with a broken sword bent his arm into place and had to trim and file the arm. I've just based this fellow today and next time you see him hopefully his basing should highlight him even better than the scrappy piece of card



A few more Aids for Napoleon to send here and there across the many battle fields.


 
After looking these last two pictures I realiseI haven't quite finished the horses bridle, back to the paint brush Ithink.


3 comments:

  1. Really nice looking figures Kent,
    Are these for your own collection?
    Cheers
    Paul

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes they are from two armies that i started late last year the french army has 17 Battalions infantry 6 guns and 4 of cav the British has 21 Infantry 3 cav and 6 guns, I'm thinking of selling the ritish army and starting it again maybe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know how you can stand to part with your wee men. My brother and I struggle to sell anything. Great looking troops
    Cheers
    Paul

    ReplyDelete