Sunday, December 25, 2011

Nine hours painting





Well it's boxing day and the family wants to blob out and do nothing so i took the opportunity to go mad and hit the brushes I got up at 7.30am and started painting and other than a short break for lunch and a quick trip to the store  i didn't stop until 5.45pm that's around nine hours straight I'm painting around 100 Romans, the saddest thing is even after nine hours i still have more to do. I have last coat of white,gold to paint and then the detail for all the shields i have 21 figures that i completed on the first batch so hopefully i'll have about 130 figures ready to base sometime this week, as long as the wife stays happy. 

14 comments:

  1. Wow they're looking GREAT! That's fantastic progress in one day. I couldn't even do that many 15mm figures in that much time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic!
    I may have miss it, but what basing system are you using? another words which rule sets?...anyway.. great painting!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I've been working on these guys for a couple of days now even did a couple of hours christmas night

    ReplyDelete
  4. the rules are impetvs. we have slightly change the basing sizes

    ReplyDelete
  5. "the rules are impetvs. we have slightly change the basing sizes"

    I thought so Galpy, I also changed the base sizes for my 25's and 15's Ancients. soon I will post some pictures at my blog....anyway..
    great painting by you sir!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ye gods, thats a session and a half!

    Cheers

    Ross

    ReplyDelete
  7. Unreal achievement Galpy. I feel very ashamed!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Respect to you Sir! What a wonderful achievement, lets hope the wife stays happy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Incredible work, your quality is maintained to a high standard and you are churning out the pieces. You're an inspiration, keep it up and good luck in the Comp.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing! I wish I could have so much to show for nine hours of my time.

    ReplyDelete
  11. They look great; that was a marathon session for sure. Best, Dean

    ReplyDelete
  12. you keep going like this mate and you wont have any hairs in your brushes left! Looking good..

    Cheers

    Eric

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are a painting legend. Wargamers will make songs about you which will be passed down through generations.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Amazing commitment! I wish I had the spare time to do likewise...

    ReplyDelete